Tuesday 5 January 2016

Joining in!

Happy New Year.

I’ve wanted to join in with Jennifer’s Winter Project Link Partyfor a while but I’ve not really been working on anything substantial. So I’m submitting three small made things so I can feel like an achiever in 2016!

Firstly, two paper angels made form a tutorial on RedTedArt’sblog.  Made with two small girls and no arguments, a post-Christmas miracle. One has been put away with the decorations, the other (headless) angel has been recycled, must remember to take the bead out of my pocket before I wash my jeans! The nearly 3 year old doesn’t quite get gentle yet!


New year scones. I wanted to make this recipe but I didn’t have enough bread flour. So I made my fail safe Mary Berry ones. They were very delicious.


Finally in an effort to use up leftovers and clear the freezer I made a pie based on a Simon Rimmer recipe that’s no longer on the bbc site. I even made the pastry as I was too lazy to walk up the road in the rain and buy some (thanks to Sue for the recipe). It was delicious. I was very smug.


Finally joining in with Jennifer!!!

13 comments:

  1. I'd love to be creative enough to join in with any of these kinds of ink up, so well done to you.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These little angels are so so sweet! Wishing you and your family a great new year. May it be less worrisome and stressful. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried baking scones, must remedy that soon! Hope you're having a lovely New Year.
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely makings, well done you. The angels are really pretty, shame about the head coming off though! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three great projects. The angels are so cute, the scones look scrummy and well done on making your own pastry, I always buy mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little paper angels. They're very sweet. Hope the detached head can be re attached so they can both be out on display again next Christmas. I've tried making scones before but they turned out more like rock cakes so you're doing much much better than me :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi N, thank you for joining in with my link party! These are all wonderful makes, you should be very proud. I hope you're having a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always good to be creative in different ways isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creativity in small doses is such a gift to daily life. Your scones are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are great makes, I always forget that baking is making and the product disappears but of course it is! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing some of your wonderful makes of the past month. I live in a household of eight adults, five little girls [2months, 2yrs, 3yrs, 6yrs,8yrs] and two dogs. I remember my days when I had two little girls and two older boys and worked for seven years as a teaching assistant in an elementary school...a jumble of challenges and joys :) I admire the cooking projects you shared and the clever angels and am wondering if I could make the angels with my older granddaughters. I marvel at your patience and am cheering you on with your projects for this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these small doses of creativity. It's good to remind ourselves that making something doesn't have to be about a huge, yarn based project, but it can be something small and just as important. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The angels are very pretty. Lots of creativity in your house! I do love a scone, too, both making, and eating X

    ReplyDelete